At the 20th and 21st October we hosted the Third International Incident Disclosure Conference in Amsterdam. We look back at two inspiring days and thank the speakers and participants for their presence and input! Presentations, abstracts and bio’s can be found below.
The Third International Incident Disclosure Conference: “Towards Operational Strategies” , 20& 21 October
- Click to download the programme of the Third International Incident Disclosure Conference.
- Click to download the abstracts of the presentations.
- Who are the speakers at the Third International Incident Disclosure Conference? Click to download bio.
- Hans Schoo (Dutch Health Care Inspectorate): ‘The role of the Inspectorate in promoting disclosure’
- Prof. Arno Akkermans (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam): ‘Incident disclosure in the Netherlands: where do we stand?’
- Josje Kok (Health Care Governance Group): ‘Engaging patients & learning from patient perspectives: a status report’.
- Prof. Dr. Rob Slappendel (University of Antwerp): ‘Including the patient perspective in incident analysis in the Netherlands’.
- Catherine Poorthuis (Training in Praktijk), ‘Okay, open disclosure, but how?’
- Stuart McLennan (Hannover Medical School): ‘Incident disclosure and the prevention and support of second victims’.
- Stuart McLennan (Hannover Medical School): ‘The law as a barrier to error disclosure: a misguided focus?’
- Prof. Jo Shapiro (Brigham & Women’s Hospital & Harvard Medical School): ‘Incident disclosure and professionalism in health care’.
- Janine McIllwrath (Slater & Gordon Lawyers, Monash University, University of New England): ‘From hindrance to help: plaintiff lawyers and open disclosure’
For more information about the Personal Injury Council, follow link.